Jobs & Internships
Real Estate Development Project Coordinator
Urban Homeworks (UHW) is seeking an organized and detail-oriented Project Coordinator to support its real estate development work within our Urban Placemaking Team. The role focuses on project coordination of financing due diligence, compliance requirements, and administrative support specific to Urban Homeworks’ real estate pre-development activities.
- Project coordination support for Urban Homeworks’ real estate development pipeline, new ventures, and creative financing packages as directed (30%).
- Participate in the Real Estate Development (RE Dev) team that leads new business ventures and filling the real estate development pipeline of UHW as part of the larger Urban Placemaking Team.
- Participate in the project management tasks and activities of this team.
- Assist in executing tasks within multiple priorities and projects including the assembling of lender due diligence.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting monthly metrics of the RE Dev team.
- Maintain project work flows and inputs as directed and as needed by the team.
- Coordinate closings on real estate purchases, sales and/or construction financing as directed.
- Coordinate with homeownership and construction staff to obtain necessary documentation and to communicate requirements for pre-construction or post-construction activities
- Financial Coordination – coordinate proformas, budgets, draw activity, post-close budgets and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with financing, funding requirements, and funder contracts: (50%)
- Ensure all compliance and funder requirements are completed and documentation is properly submitted to funders during the following phases of construction: Acquisition, Finance Closing, Construction, Sales, and Close-out.
- Be a primary point of contact as needed for property transactions and finance closings.
- Maintain positive relationships with funders/lenders, title company, real estate agents, and other project partners
- Maintain organized files of property and financing documentation
- Manage process/checklists to ensure UHW is in compliance with funders’ contracts and requirements
- Responsible for delivering compliance documents to funders when due or when requested.
- When necessary, may be asked to partner or manage other activities as relevant to organization-wide compliance related responsibilities, e.g coordination with Finance team, Fund Development team, etc.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and general support for closings
- Administrative support for real estate development initiatives: (20%)
- General administrative support to RE Dev team and Urban Placemaking Team (eg. Prepare agendas, board reports, project status updates, etc.)
- Participation in Real Estate Development team meetings and objectives
- Ensure all utility accounts are put in UHW (or other entity) name after acquisition closing; track utility status and transition dates at time of sale to buyers.
- Track Vacant & Boarded registration, Code Compliance orders and Truth in Housing statuses in spreadsheet. Request initial agreements, extensions and waivers as needed. Maintain relationship with city staff.
- Collect information for Urban Placemaking goals, accomplishments or status, including current project completions, percent on schedule, budgets, WMBE and job utilization.
- Manage and support signatory requests as needed, and delivery of relevant documents as needed
- Additional tasks as directed such as creating preliminary source and use budgets, run analyses on cash flow pro-forma budgets as needed, and assist in draw documentation in conjunction with Finance team
- Committed resolve for the Urban Homeworks mission and for the communities in which Urban Homeworks is implementing its community development strategies.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and flexibility to meet deadlines and quickly adapt priorities in a changing environment with competing demands.
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established policies and procedures.
- High degree of personal integrity, honesty, discretion and financial accountability to work with financial and personnel data which is confidential and sensitive.
- Real estate experience strongly desired. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in following disciplines: Real Estate Development, Title, Closing, Finance, Lending or Construction.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure that all requirements are being met.
- Strong communication skills to receive, relay and explain complex real estate development, construction, and financial information.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, plus 2–4 years of related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, data entry, and internet skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Paid Time Off:
- Vacation Pay accrued at an initial rate of 11 days per year.
- Sick Leave accrued at a rate of 12 days per year.
- Holiday Pay – Total of 11 paid holidays per year
- Health Benefits: Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – Urban Homeworks will contribute up to $400 per month toward the Urban Homeworks Cafeteria Plan for each eligible employee. (Employees are responsible for securing their own health insurance carrier.)
- Disability Insurance, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance (all Company-paid)
To learn more, visit our website: www.urbanhomeworks.org
To apply, visit http://urbanhomeworks.mytribehr.com/careers